Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Florida--More Pictures

I know that while we were in Florida, Uncle Jim took some pictures of us that I didn’t have. Because of schedules, vacations, hurricanes, and time, I wasn’t able to get them. At the end of October, my Grandpa (Dad’s dad) passed away, so Mom and I had to make an unexpected trip to Michigan for his funeral. My aunt and uncle were there, so in the midst of everything, I asked my uncle if I could transfer his photos. Since I had posted most of our trip, I decided to just add another post with just his pictures.

While touring the Naval Museum, we spotted a replica of the Navy ship that Uncle Jim served on.



Uncle Jim took our picture in front of one of the planes:



In my post, I had a picture of a Navy ceremony that we watched. We don’t know what it was for, but I thought I heard someone mention something about honoring them for their work in the community. The first one was taken before the actual ceremony and the second one is right after the Color Guard made it to the front of the room:





Aunt Diane (left) and Mom resting in some old plane seats while touring the museum:



Having lunch at the Shrimp Basket at Perdido Keys:



At the Gulf of Mexico in Gulf Shores, Alabama:







Mom (taking a picture) and Aunt Diane next to the Gulf:



The four of us at the Gulf:



That night we took some pictures in the backyard. I had posted pictures from that time, but I hadn’t taken one of the four of us. Here’s Uncle Jim’s photo:



Here’s two of Uncle Jim’s photos from the Blue Angels:





Uncle Jim was far enough away, so he took our picture as we got ready for our walk through Fat Albert:



While we walked through, Uncle Jim took a great picture of the tail:



As we came out of the back:



Uncle Jim got a picture of us near one of the cannons at Fort Barrancas:



Mom and Aunt Diane on the walkway to Navarre Beach:



I’ll end with the one thing that I loved to do while we were on our trip. Putting my feet in the warm water:



This concludes our Houston and Florida trip. Thanks for bearing with me on this long journey of posting. Now I can get to my summer fun of softball, baseball, sun, and fun!!!

Just to note: Tonight there are reports that one of my favorite Mariners was traded to the Mets along with one of our best Closers (JJ Putz). So, so long Jeremy. :-( I'll post some pictures of him that I took this summer, but not tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!!

Looks good, nice job.

Uncle Jim